Lightning protection risk assessments are an important element in ensuring the right level of protection is provided against the risk of a potential lightning strike. Failure to carry out a risk assessment can invalidate your insurance.
Earthing systems play a fundamental role in the efficient operation of surge protection devices
For full protection it is highly recommend that an earthing system is in place as it plays a vital role in co-ordinating your lightning and surge protection system together. This particular system is responsible for safely dispersing the lightning currents to ground as well as playing a fundamental role in the effective operation of surge protection devices.
A maximum resistance level of 10 ohms or less as recommended by BS 7430 “Earthing” needs to be achieved for full protection which why at Lightning Strike we use a wide range of materials in numerous configurations to achieve this.
From Lightning Strike you can expect:
- Conduct soil resistivity measurements for designing new systems
- Design earthing systems for any application, including equipotential bonding
- Advise on the best type of materials to use in the existing conditions
- Supply all the materials needed for installation
- Check the condition of existing earthing systems
- Test for continuity across individual earthing systems